Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Look what the LORD did!

You're not going to believe this!

Timmy and Ivan just received a $11250 grant.... EACH! First of all, to whomever you are - May the Lord bless you richly in return for your generosity. I'm convinced you just played a rather big part in finding these precious ones their families!

It costs approx. 25,000 to adopt either Timmy or Ivan, and this included pretty much everything, including airline tickets and housing in their country. Since Timmy and Ivan are in the same orphanage, they can both be adopted at the same time. IT ONLY COSTS ABOUT 5,000 MORE TO ADOPT A SECOND CHILD FROM THE SAME ORPHANAGE, so... if there is a family who adopts them both at the same time, they have pretty much their entire adoption payed for.

I need your help!

- Their family needs to step forward. Maybe someone out there is praying to clearly discern God's will for their family, when it comes to these boys. Maybe someone just found this page and is falling in love with their faces... Please spread the word - these boys need families!

- Secondly, please give. Timmy and Ivan have pretty big medical needs and some families will not be in the position to adopt them both. If each one of their individual grants grows, it gives them individually a far greater chance of being adopted.

- Thirdly, but definitely not last - praise the LORD with me! This is ONLY by His doing, by Him prompting the heart of whomever donated. I'm in tears to know so many of you are praying for these precious ones. Because of your prayers your gifts, your advocacy, we, under HIMcan change these boys' lives!

4 comments:

  1. Blogger was having some trouble with my last comment and also with sending your e-mail properly. I am Ivan's mom, Danielle at saveivan.blogspot.com. I am attempting to write you back, hopefully blogger will let me this time. Please contact me at saveivan@gmail.com. I donated to Timmy but it said on the receipt that the payment went to you. You really should connect the payments to go to RR, otherwise your intentions might be misconstrued. Looking forward to hearing from you.
    ~Danielle

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Danielle! That is really weird, I haven't received anything! The $5 that was already in there was deposited by myself to check if the Chip-In worked, and it went straight to Timmy's account at RR, so it worked fine. I will double-check and will contact RR. I have not personally received anything (I didn't even link a personal account or anything to it). I will email you soon! Going to check this ChipIn thing out first!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ok, I just checked it out. Once you make a contribution, your receipt will mention my name as "organizer", which is normal as I organized the fundraiser and set up the ChipIn. However, there should also be a line on your online confirmation/email receipt that says it went to Reece's Rainbow (will have email address too?). Your bank statement will also read Reece's Rainbow. Please confirm!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I see it now, for some reason it did not have the RR e-mail address listed as the recipient for the first donation. Looks good now! You are doing a wonderful thing!

    ReplyDelete